Web Review / Outside Text presentation: review assigned websites or texts, highlighting or touring materials for class, and applying information to objectives and reading assignment(s).
Before class . . .
Review assigned website(s) before presentation.
Plan connections to day's reading assignments.
Optional: Find and review additional web materials for your presentation (not required)
Warning about additional web materials: Students must mostly deal with sites provided by instructor.
Communicate with instructor about your plans or any questions. (email, phone 281 283 3380, or confer B2529-8)
Presentation Requirements (in any order as material or insight directs):
Students may prepare PowerPoint slides or comparable on-screen projections for this assignment, but not required.
Time: Formal presentation should be 8-15 minutes. Discussion may continue indefinitely.
Student location: Discussion-starter may work from front of class or remain seated. (Instructor can help with web or projection issues.)
1. Take over computer & projector; locate and describe materials.
2. Overview website(s).
3. Preview connections to course and readings.
4. "Tour" highlights of web site or text (5-10 minutes)
5. Pause to ask for questions, comments, or requests to back up.
6. Connect to course text(s), objective(s).
Leading student discussions with Web Reviews: